Drug de-addiction drive conducted by police in J&K
Srinagar: A day-long drug de-addiction
counselling and treatment camp was conducted on Saturday by the
police at Batamaloo area here.
A team of doctors from the Police De-addiction Centre and
J&K Police Hospital, State Mental Health officer G A Wani,
State Health Services and Psychiatrists from Government
Psychiatric Hospital treated the patients, a police spokesman
Group motivation enhancement and psychological education
sermons were also held at the camp organised in association
with the Western Bus Stand Union, he said, adding, as many as
200 patients including drivers and conductors attended the
"Over 200 patients were treated and counselled at the
camp, particularly persons associated with transport industry
like drivers and conductors who are more prone to drugs. Free
medicines were distributed among the patients," the spokesman
Free counselling and treatment for patients with sleep
disorders, tension, anger outbursts, depression and substance
abuse like codine phosphate, spasmo proxyvon, cannabis,
alcohol was offered to the patients, he said.
A free ophthalmology check up was also offered to the
patients, the Police Drug de-addiction Centre experts said.
During the interaction, various aspects relating to drug
abuse and its effects on driving safety were discussed.
The Drug De-addiction Centre, Police Control Room,
Srinagar, has been spearheading the anti-drugs campaign in the
Kashmir Valley and so far more than 5,000 persons have been
treated at the centre since its inception in 2008, the experts
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read