E-auctioning to be introduced at Guntur tobacco market
Guntur: Tobacco Board will
introduce electronic auctioning to check malpractices in the
manual auctioning system and introduce transparency.
Tobacco Board is waiting for new system which transforms
auctioning and introduces greater transparency, Tobacco Board
member and former vice-chairman K Venkatrayudu said Saturday.
In the new system, each bidder at auction platforms
will be provided with cell phone. The buyers can increase the
bid through keyboard of the phone, which would be displayed on
a big screen. The names of the bidders would be kept secret,
In manual system of auctioning there are chances that
bidders may monopolise to keep the prices low, he said.
The e-auctioning has won the appreciation of the tobacco
growers at two places in the state and several places in
Karnataka where it was experimented as a pilot project, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world