E-auctioning to be introduced at Guntur tobacco market
Guntur: Tobacco Board will
introduce electronic auctioning to check malpractices in the
manual auctioning system and introduce transparency.
Tobacco Board is waiting for new system which transforms
auctioning and introduces greater transparency, Tobacco Board
member and former vice-chairman K Venkatrayudu said Saturday.
In the new system, each bidder at auction platforms
will be provided with cell phone. The buyers can increase the
bid through keyboard of the phone, which would be displayed on
a big screen. The names of the bidders would be kept secret,
In manual system of auctioning there are chances that
bidders may monopolise to keep the prices low, he said.
The e-auctioning has won the appreciation of the tobacco
growers at two places in the state and several places in
Karnataka where it was experimented as a pilot project, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!