Earthquake rocks Kashmir, Northern Pakistan
Srinagar: The state of Jammu and Kashmir was rocked, along with parts of Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK), by a moderate earthquake at 11.36 am (IST) on Monday.
As per the Indian Meteorological department (IMD), the earthquake measured 5.8 on the Ritcher Scale with the epicentre was at Lat. 36.8°N Long. 73.4°E near the Indo-Pak border.
However, as per the US Geological Survey, the earthquake measured 5.6 on the Ritcher Scale with the epicentre located at a depth of 49.3 km from the earth’s surface near Gilgit in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK).
No reports of any damage to of life or property have emerged as yet.
The same area was rocked by a massive earthquake in 2005 that had led to the death of over 75000 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter