EC orders revision of electoral rolls in J&K
Srinagar: The Election Commission has ordered a special summary revision of electoral rolls in Jammu and Kashmir, setting in motion the process of holding assembly polls in the state later this year.
"The Election Commission has ordered a special summary revision of photo electoral rolls in J&K with reference to October 1, 2014 as the qualifying date for getting enrolled" as a voter, an official spokesman said.
According to a notice issued by Chief Electoral Officer, Jammu and Kashmir, Umang Narula, the draft publication of electoral rolls would be held tomorrow.
"Objections, if any, for filling of claims will be submitted from July 17 to August 16 while disposal of claims and objections will be held on August 30, 2014," the spokesman said.
The final electoral rolls would be published on October 1, 2014, he said. The elections are scheduled to be held towards the end of this year as the term of the current assembly expires on January 4, 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves