Efforts are being made to boost tourism and economy: Omar
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has said that initiatives have been taken to make tourism attractive for investors in the state and also to enhance economic growth of the youth.
"Pilgrim, adventure, sport and other related tourism?is being encouraged to develop along with the growth of conventional tourism," he said addressing a meeting of Tourism Advisory Committee here last evening.
He also expressed satisfaction over the increased tourism in the state as over one million tourists came to Kashmir valley during the last three years giving considerable?fillip to tourism and generated good economic activities for people.
Steps are also on to rope in greater number of high- end?tourists, Omar said.
"Nature has bestowed us with plenty of tourist?attractions and every one of us has the responsibility to protect and preserve the scenic beauty of Jammu and Kashmir?for the generations to come," he said.
Tourism has been of a great economic?resource for the people and the State since times immemorial,"?Omar said.
He said while departments concerning tourism have special responsibility of preservation and conservation of?tourist resorts, the stakeholders in the sector are equally? responsible in this regard besides general people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday