Efforts are being made to boost tourism and economy: Omar
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has said that initiatives have been taken to make tourism attractive for investors in the state and also to enhance economic growth of the youth.
"Pilgrim, adventure, sport and other related tourism?is being encouraged to develop along with the growth of conventional tourism," he said addressing a meeting of Tourism Advisory Committee here last evening.
He also expressed satisfaction over the increased tourism in the state as over one million tourists came to Kashmir valley during the last three years giving considerable?fillip to tourism and generated good economic activities for people.
Steps are also on to rope in greater number of high- end?tourists, Omar said.
"Nature has bestowed us with plenty of tourist?attractions and every one of us has the responsibility to protect and preserve the scenic beauty of Jammu and Kashmir?for the generations to come," he said.
Tourism has been of a great economic?resource for the people and the State since times immemorial,"?Omar said.
He said while departments concerning tourism have special responsibility of preservation and conservation of?tourist resorts, the stakeholders in the sector are equally? responsible in this regard besides general people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video