Efforts on to strengthen education sector in J&K: Tara Chand
Jammu: Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand on Saturday asked education department officers to speed up the process of recruitment at all levels in government schools besides expediting the pace of civil works in the institutions.
"Officers concerned should speed up the process of recruitment at all levels in government schools besides expediting the pace of civil works undertaken in the institutions", he said in a meeting of the department here.
He said prestigious flagship programmes of SSA and RMSA have been a boon for the education sector in the state.
New schools have been opened besides up-grading status of already operating schools under these schemes to boost the education sector in Jammu and Kashmir, he said.
The meeting was informed that in the district 1,114 posts of teachers and 168 posts of masters have been referred to the recruitment agencies.
"In case of Rehbar-e-Taleem teachers the vacant posts should be filled within 15 days as these teachers cater to the requirements of rural, border and other tough terrain students," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?