Efforts on to strengthen education sector in J&K: Tara Chand
Jammu: Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand on Saturday asked education department officers to speed up the process of recruitment at all levels in government schools besides expediting the pace of civil works in the institutions.
"Officers concerned should speed up the process of recruitment at all levels in government schools besides expediting the pace of civil works undertaken in the institutions", he said in a meeting of the department here.
He said prestigious flagship programmes of SSA and RMSA have been a boon for the education sector in the state.
New schools have been opened besides up-grading status of already operating schools under these schemes to boost the education sector in Jammu and Kashmir, he said.
The meeting was informed that in the district 1,114 posts of teachers and 168 posts of masters have been referred to the recruitment agencies.
"In case of Rehbar-e-Taleem teachers the vacant posts should be filled within 15 days as these teachers cater to the requirements of rural, border and other tough terrain students," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery