Efforts on to strengthen education sector in J&K: Tara Chand
Jammu: Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand on Saturday asked education department officers to speed up the process of recruitment at all levels in government schools besides expediting the pace of civil works in the institutions.
"Officers concerned should speed up the process of recruitment at all levels in government schools besides expediting the pace of civil works undertaken in the institutions", he said in a meeting of the department here.
He said prestigious flagship programmes of SSA and RMSA have been a boon for the education sector in the state.
New schools have been opened besides up-grading status of already operating schools under these schemes to boost the education sector in Jammu and Kashmir, he said.
The meeting was informed that in the district 1,114 posts of teachers and 168 posts of masters have been referred to the recruitment agencies.
"In case of Rehbar-e-Taleem teachers the vacant posts should be filled within 15 days as these teachers cater to the requirements of rural, border and other tough terrain students," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police