Efforts on to strengthen education sector in J&K: Tara Chand
Jammu: Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand on Saturday asked education department officers to speed up the process of recruitment at all levels in government schools besides expediting the pace of civil works in the institutions.
"Officers concerned should speed up the process of recruitment at all levels in government schools besides expediting the pace of civil works undertaken in the institutions", he said in a meeting of the department here.
He said prestigious flagship programmes of SSA and RMSA have been a boon for the education sector in the state.
New schools have been opened besides up-grading status of already operating schools under these schemes to boost the education sector in Jammu and Kashmir, he said.
The meeting was informed that in the district 1,114 posts of teachers and 168 posts of masters have been referred to the recruitment agencies.
"In case of Rehbar-e-Taleem teachers the vacant posts should be filled within 15 days as these teachers cater to the requirements of rural, border and other tough terrain students," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India