Elect honest, dedicated people in panchayat elections: NC
Jammu: To strengthen the democracy at grass
root level, ruling National Conference (NC) on Friday appealed its
workers to elect right, honest and dedicated persons as
sarpanchs and panchs in the remaining phases of panchayati
elections in J&K.
"We asked the workers to elect right, honest and
dedicated people as sarpanchs and panchs for which elections
are to be held on June 2," Rattan Lal Gupta, provincial
president of the party said while addressing a meeting of NC
leaders and workers of Nagrota Assembly constituency.
He said that elections of right, honest and dedicated
people will strength democracy at grass root level.
"Coalition government is committed to decentralise
administrative and financial powers to the people through
these elected institutions which is historic decision of the
government," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- JNU shouts anti-nationalist slogans; nation questions intent
- Ishrat Jahan was LeT terrorist, reveals David Headley
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches three new services for train passengers
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'