Elect honest, dedicated people in panchayat elections: NC
Jammu: To strengthen the democracy at grass
root level, ruling National Conference (NC) on Friday appealed its
workers to elect right, honest and dedicated persons as
sarpanchs and panchs in the remaining phases of panchayati
elections in J&K.
"We asked the workers to elect right, honest and
dedicated people as sarpanchs and panchs for which elections
are to be held on June 2," Rattan Lal Gupta, provincial
president of the party said while addressing a meeting of NC
leaders and workers of Nagrota Assembly constituency.
He said that elections of right, honest and dedicated
people will strength democracy at grass root level.
"Coalition government is committed to decentralise
administrative and financial powers to the people through
these elected institutions which is historic decision of the
government," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists