`Elements in Pak Army, ISI don`t want India-Pak ties improve`
New Delhi: Asserting that dialogue between India and Pakistan should continue notwithstanding the terrorist attack in Jammu region, Union Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad today said elements in Pakistan Army and ISI will continue such dastardly acts as they do not want relationship between the two countries to improve.
"There are forces in Pakistan Army and ISI which will continue to resort to such dastardly acts as they don`t want the relationship between India and Pakistan to improve. They did this just ahead of the meeting between the two Prime Ministers so that the talks get disrupted and the issue of Kashmir never gets solved," Azad said.
Calling it a long planned attack, Azad said the Army and ISI in Pakistan will continue to resort to such acts to assert their presence and to keep their importance intact in their country.
"The Army and the ISI think that if the relationship between India and Pakistan will improve then they will have no role and existence. Thus to assert their presence, that section foments trouble and terrorism in Kashmir and India through some channels," he said.
"I had served as a chief minister of Kashmir and I know how things work in Pakistan. Even the Prime Minister doesn`t get to know lot of things. Army and ISI have their own vested interests. But we should continue our political discussions and don`t let those forces affect it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- SC asks Haryana Police to finish AIPMT paper leak probe