Embezzlement case: Chargesheet against 12 persons
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir State
Vigilance Organisation has filed a chargesheet against 12
people, including three Block Development Officers (BDO), in a
case relating to embezzlement of government money.
The chargesheet was produced against the accused in
the court of Special Judge Anti-Corruption Srinagar here
yesterday, an official spokesman said.
Rs 38.43 lakh were released by the accused without
satisfying the quality norms and specification of the material
in works done at 18 school building in South Kashmir`s
Anantnag and Kulgam districts, he said.
The officials chargesheeted by the SVO include seven
Junior Engineers, one Assistant Engineer, three Block
Development Officers and one private unit holder.
"On the basis of evidence, including the FSL opinion
regarding specimen signatures and handwritings of accused
persons obtained during the course of investigation, it has
prima facie been established that the accused had abused their
official position and hatched a criminal conspiracy with a
private unit holder to confer illegal benefit of Rs
19,20,186," the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea