Embezzlement case: Chargesheet against 12 persons
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir State
Vigilance Organisation has filed a chargesheet against 12
people, including three Block Development Officers (BDO), in a
case relating to embezzlement of government money.
The chargesheet was produced against the accused in
the court of Special Judge Anti-Corruption Srinagar here
yesterday, an official spokesman said.
Rs 38.43 lakh were released by the accused without
satisfying the quality norms and specification of the material
in works done at 18 school building in South Kashmir`s
Anantnag and Kulgam districts, he said.
The officials chargesheeted by the SVO include seven
Junior Engineers, one Assistant Engineer, three Block
Development Officers and one private unit holder.
"On the basis of evidence, including the FSL opinion
regarding specimen signatures and handwritings of accused
persons obtained during the course of investigation, it has
prima facie been established that the accused had abused their
official position and hatched a criminal conspiracy with a
private unit holder to confer illegal benefit of Rs
19,20,186," the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting underway - Big prestige battle for BJP and Shiv Sena
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai, BJP gains lead in Pune; NCP wins 4 seats in Ulhasnagar