Embezzlement case: Chargesheet against 12 persons
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir State
Vigilance Organisation has filed a chargesheet against 12
people, including three Block Development Officers (BDO), in a
case relating to embezzlement of government money.
The chargesheet was produced against the accused in
the court of Special Judge Anti-Corruption Srinagar here
yesterday, an official spokesman said.
Rs 38.43 lakh were released by the accused without
satisfying the quality norms and specification of the material
in works done at 18 school building in South Kashmir`s
Anantnag and Kulgam districts, he said.
The officials chargesheeted by the SVO include seven
Junior Engineers, one Assistant Engineer, three Block
Development Officers and one private unit holder.
"On the basis of evidence, including the FSL opinion
regarding specimen signatures and handwritings of accused
persons obtained during the course of investigation, it has
prima facie been established that the accused had abused their
official position and hatched a criminal conspiracy with a
private unit holder to confer illegal benefit of Rs
19,20,186," the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?