‘Emergence of regional parties good for democracy’
Samba: Emergence of regional parties
in the recent Assembly polls is a positive trend towards
development of genuine political federalism in the country,
PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said on Sunday.
"Emergence of regional parties in the recent elections
has shown that there are strong regional aspirations and
these aspirations are also getting adequate representation.
The recent developments are good sign for federal structure of
the country," Sayeed said while addressing a public meeting at
He, however, said that besides accommodating regional
aspirations, the national issues like the Kashmir problem
should be in focus. "In the new perspective, the vital
national issue like Jammu and Kashmir should not loose its
relevance," he said.
"All sections of political opinion have to lend a
helping hand in the process of resolving the Kashmir issue,"
he said and made an appeal to the emerged regional forces
in the country to evolve consensus to solve national issues
like the Kashmir problem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi