‘Emergence of regional parties good for democracy’
Samba: Emergence of regional parties
in the recent Assembly polls is a positive trend towards
development of genuine political federalism in the country,
PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said on Sunday.
"Emergence of regional parties in the recent elections
has shown that there are strong regional aspirations and
these aspirations are also getting adequate representation.
The recent developments are good sign for federal structure of
the country," Sayeed said while addressing a public meeting at
He, however, said that besides accommodating regional
aspirations, the national issues like the Kashmir problem
should be in focus. "In the new perspective, the vital
national issue like Jammu and Kashmir should not loose its
relevance," he said.
"All sections of political opinion have to lend a
helping hand in the process of resolving the Kashmir issue,"
he said and made an appeal to the emerged regional forces
in the country to evolve consensus to solve national issues
like the Kashmir problem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre