‘Emergence of regional parties good for democracy’
Samba: Emergence of regional parties
in the recent Assembly polls is a positive trend towards
development of genuine political federalism in the country,
PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said on Sunday.
"Emergence of regional parties in the recent elections
has shown that there are strong regional aspirations and
these aspirations are also getting adequate representation.
The recent developments are good sign for federal structure of
the country," Sayeed said while addressing a public meeting at
He, however, said that besides accommodating regional
aspirations, the national issues like the Kashmir problem
should be in focus. "In the new perspective, the vital
national issue like Jammu and Kashmir should not loose its
relevance," he said.
"All sections of political opinion have to lend a
helping hand in the process of resolving the Kashmir issue,"
he said and made an appeal to the emerged regional forces
in the country to evolve consensus to solve national issues
like the Kashmir problem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon