Employment generation prime focus of government: Omar
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday said that capacity building of youth and upgradation of their skills were flagged as focused area of his government.
"Due attention is being paid to enhance employability of youth in job market," Omar said.
"Capacity building of youth and upgradation of their skills has been flagged as focused area and is receiving due attention to ensure employment for them," he said at a meeting in ITI here.
A presentation on capacity building was given to the chief minister at the ITI here.
The chief minister said that training of trainers is key to impart modern skills to students and ensue their placement in open job market.
Omar said that with the expansion of polytechnics and ITIs in the state during the last four years, his government has also initiated various measures to introduce new trades in these institutions and provide latest training to trainers so that students are made market-ready.
Omar was told that the government has introduced a scheme of upgradation of ITIs through public private partnership (PPP) mode and 34 ITIs have been covered under this scheme so far.
As many as 30 new trades have been introduced under this scheme and 40 existing trades have been upgraded to suit market trends.
State Power Development Corporation has been involved as industrial partner in five ITIs, while NHPC, TATA Motors and Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah University have been involved under the scheme to upgrade the ITIs and make these centres of modern skill development, Omar said.
Under the skill development, 9,583 youth have received training so far within and outside the state while 1,238 youth have received training under Skill Development Initiative (SDI) and 1,200 candidates are undergoing training at present, Omar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'