Employment generation prime focus of government: Omar
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday said that capacity building of youth and upgradation of their skills were flagged as focused area of his government.
"Due attention is being paid to enhance employability of youth in job market," Omar said.
"Capacity building of youth and upgradation of their skills has been flagged as focused area and is receiving due attention to ensure employment for them," he said at a meeting in ITI here.
A presentation on capacity building was given to the chief minister at the ITI here.
The chief minister said that training of trainers is key to impart modern skills to students and ensue their placement in open job market.
Omar said that with the expansion of polytechnics and ITIs in the state during the last four years, his government has also initiated various measures to introduce new trades in these institutions and provide latest training to trainers so that students are made market-ready.
Omar was told that the government has introduced a scheme of upgradation of ITIs through public private partnership (PPP) mode and 34 ITIs have been covered under this scheme so far.
As many as 30 new trades have been introduced under this scheme and 40 existing trades have been upgraded to suit market trends.
State Power Development Corporation has been involved as industrial partner in five ITIs, while NHPC, TATA Motors and Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah University have been involved under the scheme to upgrade the ITIs and make these centres of modern skill development, Omar said.
Under the skill development, 9,583 youth have received training so far within and outside the state while 1,238 youth have received training under Skill Development Initiative (SDI) and 1,200 candidates are undergoing training at present, Omar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez