Employment generation prime focus of government: Omar
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday said that capacity building of youth and upgradation of their skills were flagged as focused area of his government.
"Due attention is being paid to enhance employability of youth in job market," Omar said.
"Capacity building of youth and upgradation of their skills has been flagged as focused area and is receiving due attention to ensure employment for them," he said at a meeting in ITI here.
A presentation on capacity building was given to the chief minister at the ITI here.
The chief minister said that training of trainers is key to impart modern skills to students and ensue their placement in open job market.
Omar said that with the expansion of polytechnics and ITIs in the state during the last four years, his government has also initiated various measures to introduce new trades in these institutions and provide latest training to trainers so that students are made market-ready.
Omar was told that the government has introduced a scheme of upgradation of ITIs through public private partnership (PPP) mode and 34 ITIs have been covered under this scheme so far.
As many as 30 new trades have been introduced under this scheme and 40 existing trades have been upgraded to suit market trends.
State Power Development Corporation has been involved as industrial partner in five ITIs, while NHPC, TATA Motors and Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah University have been involved under the scheme to upgrade the ITIs and make these centres of modern skill development, Omar said.
Under the skill development, 9,583 youth have received training so far within and outside the state while 1,238 youth have received training under Skill Development Initiative (SDI) and 1,200 candidates are undergoing training at present, Omar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?