Encounter between militants, security forces in J&K
Srinagar: A gunbattle broke out on Saturday between militants and security forces in Sopore town of Kashmir`s Baramulla district.
Security forces launched a cordon and search operation in Chanakhan locality of Sopore, 52 kms from here, following information about presence of militants in the area, police said.
As the security forces were closing in on the location of militants, the ultras opened fire, they said.
No one was reported to be injured in the firing but security forces have strengthened the cordon around the area by rushing in additional personnel, they said.
Further details of the incident are awaited.
Militants yesterday opened fire on an Army convoy and at a prominent hotel on the outskirts of Srinagar killing a bellboy and injuring two others in the first terror attack in this city since May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress