Enhance daily wages of workers: J-K govt to Centre
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Government has asked the Centre to enhance the daily wages of workers under the MGNREGA from Rs 121 to Rs 180 while increasing the number of guaranteed work days from 100 to 150 per year.
The suggestion was put forth by Rural Development Minister Ali Mohammad Sagar during a meeting with Union Secretary Rural Development B K Sinha here yesterday, an official spokesman said.
The spokesman said Sagar and Sinha discussed various measures for giving fillip to the implementation of the flagship MGNREGA scheme in the state.
The Minister also batted for widening the scope of MGNREGA to bring handicrafts and weaving under its ambit.
"During winters various works under the MGNREGA scheme get stopped in most parts of the state. The ambit and scope of scheme should be widened to include self employment activities like handicraft and weaving during the harsh winter," Sagar said.
Sinha appreciated the state government for its remarkable achievement in implementation of various rural development schemes especially MGNREGA saying employment would be provided to over one lakh unemployed youth under National Rural Livelihood Mission NRLM within next three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Find out which day of the week is dedicated to which Lord!
- Angelique Kerber eyes double delight, aims German Wimbledon & Euros triumph
- Banned Pakistan spin-bowler Danish Kaneria returns home from India
- Seven companies in race to manage EPFO's equity investments in FY17
- BCCI Conclave: DDCA Joint Secretary Vivek Gupta snubbed as he went uninvited!