Ensure safety of Kashmiri Pandits in Valley: Panun Kashmir
Jammu: Panun Kashmir on Sunday claimed Kashmiri Pandits living in the Valley were receiving threatening letters asking them to leave the area and asked the government to take necessary steps to ensure safety of the community.
"There is a visible sense of disquiet amongst the Kashmiri Pandits in Kashmir consequent upon their receiving threatening letters asking them to leave or face dire consequences," Ashwani Kumar Chrungoo, president Panun Kashmir, organisation representing displaced Kashmiri Pandits, said here at a meeting tonight.
"We urge the government to take all necessary measures keeping in view the deteriorating security scenario," Chrungoo said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog