Ensure safety of Kashmiri Pandits in Valley: Panun Kashmir
Jammu: Panun Kashmir on Sunday claimed Kashmiri Pandits living in the Valley were receiving threatening letters asking them to leave the area and asked the government to take necessary steps to ensure safety of the community.
"There is a visible sense of disquiet amongst the Kashmiri Pandits in Kashmir consequent upon their receiving threatening letters asking them to leave or face dire consequences," Ashwani Kumar Chrungoo, president Panun Kashmir, organisation representing displaced Kashmiri Pandits, said here at a meeting tonight.
"We urge the government to take all necessary measures keeping in view the deteriorating security scenario," Chrungoo said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi