Ensure safety of Kashmiri Pandits in Valley: Panun Kashmir
Jammu: Panun Kashmir on Sunday claimed Kashmiri Pandits living in the Valley were receiving threatening letters asking them to leave the area and asked the government to take necessary steps to ensure safety of the community.
"There is a visible sense of disquiet amongst the Kashmiri Pandits in Kashmir consequent upon their receiving threatening letters asking them to leave or face dire consequences," Ashwani Kumar Chrungoo, president Panun Kashmir, organisation representing displaced Kashmiri Pandits, said here at a meeting tonight.
"We urge the government to take all necessary measures keeping in view the deteriorating security scenario," Chrungoo said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!