Every Kashmiri wishes early return of Pandits: Yasin Malik
Srinagar: JKLF Chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik on Friday visited the famous temple of Kheer Bhawani in Ganderbal district and appealed to Kashmiri pandits to return to their homes.
"It is the wish and desire of every Kashmiri to see our Pandit brothers, sisters, youth and children back in their homes and localities and no ruler or nation can stop them from returning back or impose his will and decision on them in this regard," Malik said, interacting with the devotees at the temple.
Thousands of Kashmiri pandits, including sizeable number of migrants living in Jammu and other parts of the country, thronged the shrine, 30 kms from here, to celebrate the annual fair.
"This land belongs to every citizen of Kashmir and our Pandit brethren are inseparable component of our land and life. Every Kashmiri desires and wishes early return of these brethren to their homes so that our nation gets rid of its imperfection," the separatist leader said.
Welcoming the pandits, the JKLF chairman said the community has equal right to live here as Muslims have and "it is our religious duty to safeguard their rights."
"Our religion teaches us tolerance, equality, justice, religious harmony and respecting others," he said, adding "Kashmir is and has been a living example of religious tolerance and harmony and we Kashmiris will never like to abandon this jewel of ours".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings