Ex-guerrilla killed, Kashmir grenade blast injures two
Srinagar: Guerrillas late Tuesday shot at and killed a former militant in Anantnag district of Jammu and Kashmir while two people were wounded in a grenade blast in Baramulla district, officials said.
A police officer said guerrillas fired from close range at Munawar Zaman Malik, a former militant and shopkeeper, in Arwani village of Anantnag district late Tuesday.
"Malik received critical bullet injuries and was evacuated to a hospital for treatment. However, he succumbed to his injuries," the officer said.
Meanwhile, two people were injured in a powerful hand grenade explosion in Sopore town, 54 km from Srinagar, Tuesday evening.
Police said guerrillas hurled a grenade at a paramilitary camp that missed the target and exploded on the road, injuring two people. They were shifted to a hospital for treatment.
Security forces later searched the area.
No one claimed responsibility for the two attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mega event today to mark 2 years of BJP govt; Amitabh to host small segment on girl child campaign
- Preity Zinta all set to make her first TV show appearance post wedding! – See pic
- Do you know where is Katrina Kaif's paradise? Watch video
- READ: What Suresh Raina said after Gujarat Lions' dream IPL run ended in Qualifier 2
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic.in 10th Results 2016 CBSE Board: CBSE Class 10th X Exam Result 2016 to be announced today on May 28 at 2 PM