Ex-militant killed by guerrillas in Kashmir
Srinagar: A former militant of the Hizbul Mujahideen outfit was killed by separatist guerrillas in Jammu and Kashmir`s Shopian district on Saturday evening, police said on Sunday.
Shabir Ahmad Mir, the 33-year-old former militant, was shot at inside his home in Ramnagri village, a senior police officer told a news agency.
He was taken to a hospital, but succumbed to his injuries en route.
Sources said Mir had surrendered before security forces some years back and had been living a normal life in his village.
No guerrilla group claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured