Ex-militant killed by guerrillas in Kashmir
Srinagar: A former militant of the Hizbul Mujahideen outfit was killed by separatist guerrillas in Jammu and Kashmir`s Shopian district on Saturday evening, police said on Sunday.
Shabir Ahmad Mir, the 33-year-old former militant, was shot at inside his home in Ramnagri village, a senior police officer told a news agency.
He was taken to a hospital, but succumbed to his injuries en route.
Sources said Mir had surrendered before security forces some years back and had been living a normal life in his village.
No guerrilla group claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog