Excessive use of force against protesters unwarranted: NC
Jammu: Expressing anguish over the killing of four persons in Gool area of Ramban district, the ruling National Conference (NC) on Saturday said excessive use of force against protesters was unwarranted and the situation could have been saved had the forces exercised restraint.
Expressing solidarity with grieving families, NC senior vice president Surjeet Singh Slathia and provincial president Devender Singh Rana described excessive use of force against protesters as unwarranted and said the situation could have been saved had the forces exercised restraint.
Senior NC leaders expressed deep anguish and grief over the killing of four persons at a condolence meeting held in Sher-e-Kashmir Bhavan here and also expressed solidarity with the bereaved families.
"This is a very sad and tragic incident in which four young people have lost their lives," Rana said adding, such incidents are unacceptable in a democratic setup.
Appreciating the resilience and composure shown by people across Jammu region after the firing incident, Rana said this spirit is required to be maintained for the larger interest of peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday