Excessive use of force against protesters unwarranted: NC
Jammu: Expressing anguish over the killing of four persons in Gool area of Ramban district, the ruling National Conference (NC) on Saturday said excessive use of force against protesters was unwarranted and the situation could have been saved had the forces exercised restraint.
Expressing solidarity with grieving families, NC senior vice president Surjeet Singh Slathia and provincial president Devender Singh Rana described excessive use of force against protesters as unwarranted and said the situation could have been saved had the forces exercised restraint.
Senior NC leaders expressed deep anguish and grief over the killing of four persons at a condolence meeting held in Sher-e-Kashmir Bhavan here and also expressed solidarity with the bereaved families.
"This is a very sad and tragic incident in which four young people have lost their lives," Rana said adding, such incidents are unacceptable in a democratic setup.
Appreciating the resilience and composure shown by people across Jammu region after the firing incident, Rana said this spirit is required to be maintained for the larger interest of peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death