Excessive use of force against protesters unwarranted: NC
Jammu: Expressing anguish over the killing of four persons in Gool area of Ramban district, the ruling National Conference (NC) on Saturday said excessive use of force against protesters was unwarranted and the situation could have been saved had the forces exercised restraint.
Expressing solidarity with grieving families, NC senior vice president Surjeet Singh Slathia and provincial president Devender Singh Rana described excessive use of force against protesters as unwarranted and said the situation could have been saved had the forces exercised restraint.
Senior NC leaders expressed deep anguish and grief over the killing of four persons at a condolence meeting held in Sher-e-Kashmir Bhavan here and also expressed solidarity with the bereaved families.
"This is a very sad and tragic incident in which four young people have lost their lives," Rana said adding, such incidents are unacceptable in a democratic setup.
Appreciating the resilience and composure shown by people across Jammu region after the firing incident, Rana said this spirit is required to be maintained for the larger interest of peace.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US wants Pakistan to have dialogue with neighbours
- Hassan Rouhani allies win Iran parliament elections second round: Reports
- Bipasha Basu - Karan Singh Grover wedding: Official pictures from mehendi/ sangeet ceremony are here
- Crucial file on 'truth behind Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose's disappearance' destroyed in 1972
- Russian woman raped in Goa by guest house owner