Exiled Tibetans stage anti-China rally in Jammu
Jammu: Over 200 Tibetan exiles, including students, on Wednesday staged a rally in the state`s winter capital to protest against China`s rule in Tibet.
Raising anti-China and pro-Dalai Lama slogans, protesters demanded freedom of Tibet and the immediate halt in oppression of Tibetans in China.
"We ask for support for immediate halt to the oppression and brutalities by China on Tibetans in Tibet and also call for protecting one of the ancient cultures in Tibet," said Dawa Tsering, chairman of representative committee of Tibetan Parliament-in-exil here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees