Exiled Tibetans stage anti-China rally in Jammu
Jammu: Over 200 Tibetan exiles, including students, on Wednesday staged a rally in the state`s winter capital to protest against China`s rule in Tibet.
Raising anti-China and pro-Dalai Lama slogans, protesters demanded freedom of Tibet and the immediate halt in oppression of Tibetans in China.
"We ask for support for immediate halt to the oppression and brutalities by China on Tibetans in Tibet and also call for protecting one of the ancient cultures in Tibet," said Dawa Tsering, chairman of representative committee of Tibetan Parliament-in-exil here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Janmashtami: Watch Dahi-Handi celebrations from Mumbai
- Vietnam scientists spot rare endangered primates
- David Warner named Australia captain as Steve Smith heads home to rest ahead of hectic home schedule
- Is butter healthy? Five reasons to eat Krishna's favourite!
- Air India Mumbai-Newark flight diverted to Kazakhstan