Exiled Tibetans stage anti-China rally in Jammu
Jammu: Over 200 Tibetan exiles, including students, on Wednesday staged a rally in the state`s winter capital to protest against China`s rule in Tibet.
Raising anti-China and pro-Dalai Lama slogans, protesters demanded freedom of Tibet and the immediate halt in oppression of Tibetans in China.
"We ask for support for immediate halt to the oppression and brutalities by China on Tibetans in Tibet and also call for protecting one of the ancient cultures in Tibet," said Dawa Tsering, chairman of representative committee of Tibetan Parliament-in-exil here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city