Exiled Tibetans stage anti-China rally in Jammu
Jammu: Over 200 Tibetan exiles, including students, on Wednesday staged a rally in the state`s winter capital to protest against China`s rule in Tibet.
Raising anti-China and pro-Dalai Lama slogans, protesters demanded freedom of Tibet and the immediate halt in oppression of Tibetans in China.
"We ask for support for immediate halt to the oppression and brutalities by China on Tibetans in Tibet and also call for protecting one of the ancient cultures in Tibet," said Dawa Tsering, chairman of representative committee of Tibetan Parliament-in-exil here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Have your tried this colour-changing cake? Watch here!
- 14 athletes in 2008 Beijing Games positive in new drug tests: Russian Olympic Committee
- Afghan Taliban confirm death of chief Mullah Mansour, appoint new leader
- Angry African diplomats seek answers from Indian govt over attacks and harassment
- 7th pay commission: Secretaries group to submit report on revised pay structures by June end