Exiled Tibetans stage anti-China rally in Jammu
Jammu: Over 200 Tibetan exiles, including students, on Wednesday staged a rally in the state`s winter capital to protest against China`s rule in Tibet.
Raising anti-China and pro-Dalai Lama slogans, protesters demanded freedom of Tibet and the immediate halt in oppression of Tibetans in China.
"We ask for support for immediate halt to the oppression and brutalities by China on Tibetans in Tibet and also call for protecting one of the ancient cultures in Tibet," said Dawa Tsering, chairman of representative committee of Tibetan Parliament-in-exil here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back