Expedite land acquisition for construction of roads: Omar
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday asked officials to expedite land acquisition for construction of roads under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY).
"The Rs 710 crore provided by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as a special grant need to be utilised in a meticulously and in a transparent manner to achieve the set target within the prescribed time frame," Omar said while chairing a meeting here.
The meeting was convened to review the progress on PMGSY and the status of land acquisition process being carried out across the state.
The PMGSY provides necessary succour to the efforts of the state government to expand road communication network in the state and open up villages and remote areas for holistic development and generation of economic activities, he said.
Omar asked the department concerned to ensure spending of funds as per work schedule and concentrate on realising outcomes rather than outputs.
The Chief Minister said road communication sector in the state has been flagged as one of the most important sectors in the development policy and upgradation, improvement and construction of roads and bridges are receiving priority attention under various state and Centrally sponsored schemes.
He said that good roads buttress economy and bridges bridge the development gaps, he said.
Omar said he will review the land acquisition process under PMGSY on quarterly basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon