Expedite land acquisition for construction of roads: Omar
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday asked officials to expedite land acquisition for construction of roads under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY).
"The Rs 710 crore provided by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as a special grant need to be utilised in a meticulously and in a transparent manner to achieve the set target within the prescribed time frame," Omar said while chairing a meeting here.
The meeting was convened to review the progress on PMGSY and the status of land acquisition process being carried out across the state.
The PMGSY provides necessary succour to the efforts of the state government to expand road communication network in the state and open up villages and remote areas for holistic development and generation of economic activities, he said.
Omar asked the department concerned to ensure spending of funds as per work schedule and concentrate on realising outcomes rather than outputs.
The Chief Minister said road communication sector in the state has been flagged as one of the most important sectors in the development policy and upgradation, improvement and construction of roads and bridges are receiving priority attention under various state and Centrally sponsored schemes.
He said that good roads buttress economy and bridges bridge the development gaps, he said.
Omar said he will review the land acquisition process under PMGSY on quarterly basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users