Explosion near Farooq Abdullah`s rally, 14 injured
Srinagar: Fourteen people were injured Sunday in an explosion near the venue of an election rally to be addressed by ruling National Conference leader Farooq Abdullah. This was the second such explosion during the day to disrupt the Srinagar Lok Sabha candidate`s rally.
Abdullah was scheduled to address the rally in Magam town of central Badgam district, 30 km from Srinagar.
"Fourteen people were injured in the explosion. Of them, 10 have been taken to hospital," a police official said, adding that they were investigating the explosion.
Eyewitnesses said some unidentified persons threw a hand grenade causing the explosion.
Earlier, another explosion occurred 50 metres from an election rally being addressed by Abdullah in Khanyar area of the state capital.
Abdullah, who was accompanied by other NC leaders, told the rally: "These explosions will not deter me and should also not deter you from coming out and voting for the National Conference."
"You must come out in large numbers and vote for the NC on April 30," he said.
Police said no one was hurt in the Khanyar blast.
No one has so far claimed responsibility for the explosions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Live performance: Bollywood star Farhan Akhtar ready to fly in Chicago!
- BSER Rajasthan Board Class 12 (Arts) Examination Results 2016 declared - check rajresults.nic.in and rajeduboard.nic.in
- Karan Johar in awe of Radhika Apte's 'Phobia'!
- Congress nominates Chidambaram, Sibal, Ramesh for Rajya Sabha polls
- Four new cases of criminal assault on African nationals reported