Fake currency with a face value of Rs 14.3 lakh recovered
Jammu: Fake currency with a face value of Rs 14.3 lakh was recovered by the BSF from near the Indo-Pak border in Jammu district of the state.
Jawans of 122 battalion of BSF during patrolling spotted some plastic packets lying close to the International Border (IB) at the Kharkole Border Out Post (BoP) in Suchetgarh sub-sector of Jammu district last evening, a BSF officer said here today.
During checking of the packets, fake currency with a face value of Rs 14.20 lakh was recovered, he said, adding, no arrests have been made.
BSF is probing the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?