Family apprehended along with arms near LoC
Poonch (J&K): Five members of a family were
apprehended on Saturday along with arms and ammunition by army after
they crossed from Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (POK) to this side
of Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district of the state, a
senior police officer said here.
The family, including three children, of one Liaqat
Hussain Shah were taken into custody by army after they
crossed LoC in Gantarian sector of the border district
this afternoon, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Poonch
Manmohan Singh said.
Army recovered one AK-47 rifle with two magazines and 30
rounds, one Chinese pistol with six rounds and one mobile set
from the possession of Shah, he said.
After preliminary questioning, Shah and his wife
Khalida Begum and their three children were handed over to
police for further investigation, he said adding Shah is
suspected to have been working with militant groups across the
border during his stay in POK.
Shah, orginally belonging to Mohra Bachai village of
Surankote tehsil in Poonch district, had crossed to POK in
2001, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray