Family of actress demands probe into her death
Kishtwar: Demanding a magisterial probe into
the alleged suicide of actress Suman Rathore, the family of
the deceased and villagers today held a demonstration in front
of the Deputy Commissioner`s office at Kishtwar, 230 km from
Jammu, in Jammu and Kashmir.
"We are demanding a magisterial probe into the matter. We
express resentment over the bias investigation of local
police," father of the deceased Lakhmi Chand Rathore said.
Villagers sat on dharna in front of the DC`s office and
protested against the police. They also blocked vehicular
traffic for more than four hours.
22-year-old Suman Rathore, who acted in Bollywood film
`Ziyarat`, had allegedly committed suicide on the intervening
night of March 15 and 16.
Police had also arrested three persons, including her
husband, in this connection. Two of them were yesterday given
bailed by a local court.
The protesters were pacified by the Deputy Commissioner
who assured them that a magisterial probe would be done in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Vodafone launches unlimited free voice calling offer for prepaid customers