Farooq expresses grief over Jamiat-e-Ahli chief`s killing
Srinagar: Union Minister Farooq Abdullah
on Friday expressed grief over the killing of Jamiat-e-Ahli Hadees
chief Moulvi Showkat Ahmad Shah in the blast outside the
mosque in Maisuma area here.
"I strongly condemn the killing of religious scholar
Moulvi Showkat Ahmad Shah. His killing has created a void in
the religious circles which is impossible to fill," the Union
Minister for New and Renewable Energy said in a condolence
Shah`s killing is against the teachings of Islam,
Abdullah, who is also the president of ruling National
"Shah was working for the propagation of Islam and
welfare of the people," he added.
The religious leader, who was critically injured in
the explosion which took place around 12.30 PM, was rushed to
a city hospital where he succumbed to injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!