Farooq expresses grief over Jamiat-e-Ahli chief`s killing
Srinagar: Union Minister Farooq Abdullah
on Friday expressed grief over the killing of Jamiat-e-Ahli Hadees
chief Moulvi Showkat Ahmad Shah in the blast outside the
mosque in Maisuma area here.
"I strongly condemn the killing of religious scholar
Moulvi Showkat Ahmad Shah. His killing has created a void in
the religious circles which is impossible to fill," the Union
Minister for New and Renewable Energy said in a condolence
Shah`s killing is against the teachings of Islam,
Abdullah, who is also the president of ruling National
"Shah was working for the propagation of Islam and
welfare of the people," he added.
The religious leader, who was critically injured in
the explosion which took place around 12.30 PM, was rushed to
a city hospital where he succumbed to injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users