Farooq files complaint over fake Twitter account
New Delhi: Union Minister Farooq Abdullah
on Saturday registered a complaint with Delhi Police against unknown
persons for opening a fake Twitter account in his name and
posting "some objectionable, indecorous and intemperate
things" on the networking site.
An official spokesperson of the Ministry of New and
Renewable Energy said that the fake Twitter account has been
opened in Abdullah`s name by some unknown persons.
He clarified that the minister has never opened any such
account nor has authorised anyone to do it on his behalf.
"A complaint in this regard has already been lodged with
Delhi Police with the request to initiate immediate
investigation in this regard," the spokesperson said.
The spokesperson said Abdullah has expressed his anguish
at "such misuse of social networking sites by unscrupulous
elements which are otherwise a boon for spreading information
and freedom of expression."
He said the Union minister has expressed his anger that
"someone in his name has been posting some objectionable,
indecorous and intemperate things".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II