Farooq files complaint over fake Twitter account
New Delhi: Union Minister Farooq Abdullah
on Saturday registered a complaint with Delhi Police against unknown
persons for opening a fake Twitter account in his name and
posting "some objectionable, indecorous and intemperate
things" on the networking site.
An official spokesperson of the Ministry of New and
Renewable Energy said that the fake Twitter account has been
opened in Abdullah`s name by some unknown persons.
He clarified that the minister has never opened any such
account nor has authorised anyone to do it on his behalf.
"A complaint in this regard has already been lodged with
Delhi Police with the request to initiate immediate
investigation in this regard," the spokesperson said.
The spokesperson said Abdullah has expressed his anguish
at "such misuse of social networking sites by unscrupulous
elements which are otherwise a boon for spreading information
and freedom of expression."
He said the Union minister has expressed his anger that
"someone in his name has been posting some objectionable,
indecorous and intemperate things".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll