Farooq files complaint over fake Twitter account
New Delhi: Union Minister Farooq Abdullah
on Saturday registered a complaint with Delhi Police against unknown
persons for opening a fake Twitter account in his name and
posting "some objectionable, indecorous and intemperate
things" on the networking site.
An official spokesperson of the Ministry of New and
Renewable Energy said that the fake Twitter account has been
opened in Abdullah`s name by some unknown persons.
He clarified that the minister has never opened any such
account nor has authorised anyone to do it on his behalf.
"A complaint in this regard has already been lodged with
Delhi Police with the request to initiate immediate
investigation in this regard," the spokesperson said.
The spokesperson said Abdullah has expressed his anguish
at "such misuse of social networking sites by unscrupulous
elements which are otherwise a boon for spreading information
and freedom of expression."
He said the Union minister has expressed his anger that
"someone in his name has been posting some objectionable,
indecorous and intemperate things".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi