Farooq files complaint over fake Twitter account
New Delhi: Union Minister Farooq Abdullah
on Saturday registered a complaint with Delhi Police against unknown
persons for opening a fake Twitter account in his name and
posting "some objectionable, indecorous and intemperate
things" on the networking site.
An official spokesperson of the Ministry of New and
Renewable Energy said that the fake Twitter account has been
opened in Abdullah`s name by some unknown persons.
He clarified that the minister has never opened any such
account nor has authorised anyone to do it on his behalf.
"A complaint in this regard has already been lodged with
Delhi Police with the request to initiate immediate
investigation in this regard," the spokesperson said.
The spokesperson said Abdullah has expressed his anguish
at "such misuse of social networking sites by unscrupulous
elements which are otherwise a boon for spreading information
and freedom of expression."
He said the Union minister has expressed his anger that
"someone in his name has been posting some objectionable,
indecorous and intemperate things".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'