Farooq files complaint over fake Twitter account
New Delhi: Union Minister Farooq Abdullah
on Saturday registered a complaint with Delhi Police against unknown
persons for opening a fake Twitter account in his name and
posting "some objectionable, indecorous and intemperate
things" on the networking site.
An official spokesperson of the Ministry of New and
Renewable Energy said that the fake Twitter account has been
opened in Abdullah`s name by some unknown persons.
He clarified that the minister has never opened any such
account nor has authorised anyone to do it on his behalf.
"A complaint in this regard has already been lodged with
Delhi Police with the request to initiate immediate
investigation in this regard," the spokesperson said.
The spokesperson said Abdullah has expressed his anguish
at "such misuse of social networking sites by unscrupulous
elements which are otherwise a boon for spreading information
and freedom of expression."
He said the Union minister has expressed his anger that
"someone in his name has been posting some objectionable,
indecorous and intemperate things".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon