‘Farooq interested only in saving Omar`s chair’
Srinagar: The hardline Hurriyat Conference, led by Syed Ali Shah Geelani, on Sunday described Union Minister Farooq Abdullah’s statement on Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru as "madness", saying he was only interested in saving the chair of his son Omar.
"The Hurriyat sees Farooq Abdullah’s statement about Afzal Guru as madness," an amalgam spokesman said in a statement here.
"Farooq is only interested in saving his and his son’s chair. If they have to hang the entire Kashmiri nation for it, they will not hesitate," he said.
Abdullah had yesterday said Guru must pay the price for his role in the attack on Parliament. "As an Indian, anybody who has worked against India must pay the price for it."
Independent MLA from Langate Shiekh Abdul termed Farooq Abdullah`s statement as "insensitive and irrational".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'