‘Farooq interested only in saving Omar`s chair’
Srinagar: The hardline Hurriyat Conference, led by Syed Ali Shah Geelani, on Sunday described Union Minister Farooq Abdullah’s statement on Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru as "madness", saying he was only interested in saving the chair of his son Omar.
"The Hurriyat sees Farooq Abdullah’s statement about Afzal Guru as madness," an amalgam spokesman said in a statement here.
"Farooq is only interested in saving his and his son’s chair. If they have to hang the entire Kashmiri nation for it, they will not hesitate," he said.
Abdullah had yesterday said Guru must pay the price for his role in the attack on Parliament. "As an Indian, anybody who has worked against India must pay the price for it."
Independent MLA from Langate Shiekh Abdul termed Farooq Abdullah`s statement as "insensitive and irrational".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family