Father-daughter duo die in landslide in Doda
Jammu: A father-daughter duo Saturday died due to a landslide in Jammu and Kashmir`s Doda district, police said.
A landslide occurred in the Pull Doda area here around 6.16 am in which Abdul Rehman (24) and his 3-year-old daughter got buried, they said.
Police and locals launched the rescue operation and recovered their bodies. The duo originally hailed from Uttar Pradesh and were among the labourers engaged for road construction work in the district, they said.
Post mortem of the bodies have been conducted and bodies are being handed to the legal heir for burial, police said.
Landslides were also triggered in various places thereby blocking the Doda-Bhaderwah and Batote-Doda road for over two hours and later landslides were cleared and the roads were make traffic worthy, they said.
Over 100 vehicles of CRPF carrying security personnel for polls from Doda district to Anantnag district in South Kashmir was also stranded due to the landslide and after the clearance of the road, they have moved to their destination.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video