Father-daughter duo die in landslide in Doda
Jammu: A father-daughter duo Saturday died due to a landslide in Jammu and Kashmir`s Doda district, police said.
A landslide occurred in the Pull Doda area here around 6.16 am in which Abdul Rehman (24) and his 3-year-old daughter got buried, they said.
Police and locals launched the rescue operation and recovered their bodies. The duo originally hailed from Uttar Pradesh and were among the labourers engaged for road construction work in the district, they said.
Post mortem of the bodies have been conducted and bodies are being handed to the legal heir for burial, police said.
Landslides were also triggered in various places thereby blocking the Doda-Bhaderwah and Batote-Doda road for over two hours and later landslides were cleared and the roads were make traffic worthy, they said.
Over 100 vehicles of CRPF carrying security personnel for polls from Doda district to Anantnag district in South Kashmir was also stranded due to the landslide and after the clearance of the road, they have moved to their destination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what