Father-son duo among 4 held for rape in Rajouri
Jammu: A father-son duo were among four persons arrested for allegedly raping a minor girl, who subsequently committed suicide in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Four persons, including a father-son duo, have been arrested after a complaint was lodged with police in connection with the rape of a minor girl, Superintendent of Police (SP), Rajouri, Mubassir Latife said.
Those arrested have been identified as Mohmmad Zafar (Government teacher), his son Waseem, Mohmmad Iftikhar and Aurangzeb, he said adding that a case had been registered and investigation is going on.
The complaint was lodged by Kamlesh Devi, mother of minor girl Seema Devi (17 years) in police station Kalakote in Rajouri district. In the complaint, she alleged that her daughter was raped by the four persons on July 21.
The girl allegedly committed suicide due to this incident. "Medical examination has been conducted --we are awaiting the report to confirm the allegations of rape", SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Euro 2016: Wayne Rooney and Roy Hodgson seek more ruthless from England against Iceland
- Gunman, who opened fire at German cinema complex before being shot dead, acted alone
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases