Father-son duo shot dead by militants
Srinagar: Militants shot dead a man and his son in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district, officials said on Saturday.
Heavily-armed militants barged into the house of Ghulam Rasool Mir at Bawan-Rajwar in Handwara area of Kupwara, 100 kms from here, last night and fired indiscriminately on the inmates, they said.
Mir and his son Manzoor Ahmad were killed on the spot.
Preliminary investigations have found that the Mirs were targeted on the suspicion of being informers of security forces as a militant had been killed in a encounter inside their house in 2009, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past