FDI in retail to benefit growers and consumers: J&K NCP
Jammu: Backing Centre`s decision to allow FDI, Jammu and Kashmir state unit of NCP Wednesday said setting up of malls will benefit growers and consumers in the state.
"We welcome the decision of Union Government for allowing FDI in retail. Setting up of malls will immensely benefit the growers and consumers," J&K Nationalist Congress Party President Thakur Randhir Singh told reporters here.
Singh, who is also National Advisor of the Consortium of Indian Farmers Association (CIFA), urged for setting up of vegetable and fruit mandies in potential areas of Jammu and Kashmir so that the middlemen could be eliminated.
The NCP leader said the region was famous for black mushroom, anardana, saffron, kala jeera, walnuts, apples and olive oil and farmers could immensely benefit by selling their products directly to companies at high rates.
Singh also criticised Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agriculture Sciences & Technology for not taking enough iniatives to develop good variety of seeds.
Meanwhile, National President of CIFA, Satnam Singh Behru, demanded that there should be provision for separate agriculture budget on the pattern of railway budget.
- Two more days to put out forest fire in Uttarakhand, says Prakash Javadekar
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments