FDI in retail to benefit growers and consumers: J&K NCP
Jammu: Backing Centre`s decision to allow FDI, Jammu and Kashmir state unit of NCP Wednesday said setting up of malls will benefit growers and consumers in the state.
"We welcome the decision of Union Government for allowing FDI in retail. Setting up of malls will immensely benefit the growers and consumers," J&K Nationalist Congress Party President Thakur Randhir Singh told reporters here.
Singh, who is also National Advisor of the Consortium of Indian Farmers Association (CIFA), urged for setting up of vegetable and fruit mandies in potential areas of Jammu and Kashmir so that the middlemen could be eliminated.
The NCP leader said the region was famous for black mushroom, anardana, saffron, kala jeera, walnuts, apples and olive oil and farmers could immensely benefit by selling their products directly to companies at high rates.
Singh also criticised Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agriculture Sciences & Technology for not taking enough iniatives to develop good variety of seeds.
Meanwhile, National President of CIFA, Satnam Singh Behru, demanded that there should be provision for separate agriculture budget on the pattern of railway budget.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'