FDI in retail to benefit growers and consumers: J&K NCP
Jammu: Backing Centre`s decision to allow FDI, Jammu and Kashmir state unit of NCP Wednesday said setting up of malls will benefit growers and consumers in the state.
"We welcome the decision of Union Government for allowing FDI in retail. Setting up of malls will immensely benefit the growers and consumers," J&K Nationalist Congress Party President Thakur Randhir Singh told reporters here.
Singh, who is also National Advisor of the Consortium of Indian Farmers Association (CIFA), urged for setting up of vegetable and fruit mandies in potential areas of Jammu and Kashmir so that the middlemen could be eliminated.
The NCP leader said the region was famous for black mushroom, anardana, saffron, kala jeera, walnuts, apples and olive oil and farmers could immensely benefit by selling their products directly to companies at high rates.
Singh also criticised Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agriculture Sciences & Technology for not taking enough iniatives to develop good variety of seeds.
Meanwhile, National President of CIFA, Satnam Singh Behru, demanded that there should be provision for separate agriculture budget on the pattern of railway budget.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Uttar Pradesh Police personnel to get offs every 10 days
- Eight police killed in southeast Turkey car bomb attack: Report
- AAP 'intentionally' framed Punjab chief Chhotepur before expelling him: Dharamvira Gandhi
- Juno probe to make its closest approach to Jupiter tomorrow!
- SHOCKING! Diego Maradona claims Lionel Messi 'staged' international retirement - Here's why