FDI in retail to benefit growers and consumers: J&K NCP
Jammu: Backing Centre`s decision to allow FDI, Jammu and Kashmir state unit of NCP Wednesday said setting up of malls will benefit growers and consumers in the state.
"We welcome the decision of Union Government for allowing FDI in retail. Setting up of malls will immensely benefit the growers and consumers," J&K Nationalist Congress Party President Thakur Randhir Singh told reporters here.
Singh, who is also National Advisor of the Consortium of Indian Farmers Association (CIFA), urged for setting up of vegetable and fruit mandies in potential areas of Jammu and Kashmir so that the middlemen could be eliminated.
The NCP leader said the region was famous for black mushroom, anardana, saffron, kala jeera, walnuts, apples and olive oil and farmers could immensely benefit by selling their products directly to companies at high rates.
Singh also criticised Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agriculture Sciences & Technology for not taking enough iniatives to develop good variety of seeds.
Meanwhile, National President of CIFA, Satnam Singh Behru, demanded that there should be provision for separate agriculture budget on the pattern of railway budget.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future