Fielding Azad from Udhampur is excellent decision: Omar Abdullah
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday expressed pleasure over Congress` decision to field Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad from Udhampur Lok Sabha constituency of the state, saying it would give their alliance a shot in the arm.
"Very pleased that the Congress has fielded Azad Sb (Sahib) from Udhampur LS seat. Excellent decision, just what we needed," Omar wrote on micro-blogging site Twitter.
He said Azad`s candidature was the much-needed shot in the arm for the Congress-National Conference alliance in the Jammu region.
"Just what was needed to give the alliance shot in the arm in Jammu," Omar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman