Fierce encounter breaks out in Rajouri, militant killed
Jammu: A militant was on Thursday killed in an
encounter between ultras and security personnel in Rajouri
district of Jammu and Kashmir.
During a search on the third day of anti-terrorist
operation, the security forces tracked down a group of 3-4
militants in Bagla forest area in Triyath belt of the district
around 1430 hours, Brigadier General Staff (BGS), 16 Corps,
Brig Gurdeep Singh said.
A fierce gunbattle ensued in the area and one militant
has so far been killed, Brig Singh said.
A search team of Police lead by Additional Superintendent
of Police R K Bhat and assisted by Army, Special Operation
Group (SoG) and CRPF had tracked down the group of militants
in the area following their escape from Triyath forest where a
brief encounter had taken place with the group on March 30.
A jawan had been killed and Station House Officer (SHO)
of Daramshal Police Station Inspector Showkat Ali was injured
in that incident.
"For the past three days, police and security force team
was searching for them in dense forest and deep valley in
Dharamshal belt and finally trekked them," a senior police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends