Fierce encounter breaks out in Rajouri, militant killed
Jammu: A militant was on Thursday killed in an
encounter between ultras and security personnel in Rajouri
district of Jammu and Kashmir.
During a search on the third day of anti-terrorist
operation, the security forces tracked down a group of 3-4
militants in Bagla forest area in Triyath belt of the district
around 1430 hours, Brigadier General Staff (BGS), 16 Corps,
Brig Gurdeep Singh said.
A fierce gunbattle ensued in the area and one militant
has so far been killed, Brig Singh said.
A search team of Police lead by Additional Superintendent
of Police R K Bhat and assisted by Army, Special Operation
Group (SoG) and CRPF had tracked down the group of militants
in the area following their escape from Triyath forest where a
brief encounter had taken place with the group on March 30.
A jawan had been killed and Station House Officer (SHO)
of Daramshal Police Station Inspector Showkat Ali was injured
in that incident.
"For the past three days, police and security force team
was searching for them in dense forest and deep valley in
Dharamshal belt and finally trekked them," a senior police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"