FIR against online rumour-mongers in Kashmir
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir Police Sunday lodged an FIR against those spreading the rumour on social networking that the police force has decided to go on a strike.
"Some anti-social and mischievous elements have uploaded a frivolous message on Whatsapp chat messenger and Facebook regarding police strike being observed on March 15," a senior police officer said here.
Police have taken up the matter and an FIR, under sections concerned of the Ranbir Penal Code and the Information Technology Act, has been lodged in police station Shergari, he said.
"A team has been constituted to crack the case immediately and arrest the culprit after tracking them," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II