FIR against online rumour-mongers in Kashmir
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir Police Sunday lodged an FIR against those spreading the rumour on social networking that the police force has decided to go on a strike.
"Some anti-social and mischievous elements have uploaded a frivolous message on Whatsapp chat messenger and Facebook regarding police strike being observed on March 15," a senior police officer said here.
Police have taken up the matter and an FIR, under sections concerned of the Ranbir Penal Code and the Information Technology Act, has been lodged in police station Shergari, he said.
"A team has been constituted to crack the case immediately and arrest the culprit after tracking them," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US