FIR against online rumour-mongers in Kashmir
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir Police Sunday lodged an FIR against those spreading the rumour on social networking that the police force has decided to go on a strike.
"Some anti-social and mischievous elements have uploaded a frivolous message on Whatsapp chat messenger and Facebook regarding police strike being observed on March 15," a senior police officer said here.
Police have taken up the matter and an FIR, under sections concerned of the Ranbir Penal Code and the Information Technology Act, has been lodged in police station Shergari, he said.
"A team has been constituted to crack the case immediately and arrest the culprit after tracking them," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam