FIR registered in Markundal firing case
Srinagar: Taking a serious note of the Markundal firing incident in which two persons were killed, Jammu and Kashmir Government on Sunday registered an FIR in Sumbal Police Station against those responsible for the killing of civilians.
Terming the incident as most unfortunate and unacceptable, the state government expressed deep sense of anguish and conveyed condolences to the bereaved families, an official spokesman said.
He said the Director General Police has been asked to expedite the investigation into the incident.
He said the state government has reaffirmed its stand of zero tolerance against innocent killings and has conveyed this to security forces emphasising upon them to strictly adhere to the Standard Operating Procedures under all circumstances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress