FIR registered in Markundal firing case
Srinagar: Taking a serious note of the Markundal firing incident in which two persons were killed, Jammu and Kashmir Government on Sunday registered an FIR in Sumbal Police Station against those responsible for the killing of civilians.
Terming the incident as most unfortunate and unacceptable, the state government expressed deep sense of anguish and conveyed condolences to the bereaved families, an official spokesman said.
He said the Director General Police has been asked to expedite the investigation into the incident.
He said the state government has reaffirmed its stand of zero tolerance against innocent killings and has conveyed this to security forces emphasising upon them to strictly adhere to the Standard Operating Procedures under all circumstances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey