FIR registered in Markundal firing case
Srinagar: Taking a serious note of the Markundal firing incident in which two persons were killed, Jammu and Kashmir Government on Sunday registered an FIR in Sumbal Police Station against those responsible for the killing of civilians.
Terming the incident as most unfortunate and unacceptable, the state government expressed deep sense of anguish and conveyed condolences to the bereaved families, an official spokesman said.
He said the Director General Police has been asked to expedite the investigation into the incident.
He said the state government has reaffirmed its stand of zero tolerance against innocent killings and has conveyed this to security forces emphasising upon them to strictly adhere to the Standard Operating Procedures under all circumstances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad