FIR registered in Markundal firing case
Srinagar: Taking a serious note of the Markundal firing incident in which two persons were killed, Jammu and Kashmir Government on Sunday registered an FIR in Sumbal Police Station against those responsible for the killing of civilians.
Terming the incident as most unfortunate and unacceptable, the state government expressed deep sense of anguish and conveyed condolences to the bereaved families, an official spokesman said.
He said the Director General Police has been asked to expedite the investigation into the incident.
He said the state government has reaffirmed its stand of zero tolerance against innocent killings and has conveyed this to security forces emphasising upon them to strictly adhere to the Standard Operating Procedures under all circumstances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!