FIR registered in Markundal firing case
Srinagar: Taking a serious note of the Markundal firing incident in which two persons were killed, Jammu and Kashmir Government on Sunday registered an FIR in Sumbal Police Station against those responsible for the killing of civilians.
Terming the incident as most unfortunate and unacceptable, the state government expressed deep sense of anguish and conveyed condolences to the bereaved families, an official spokesman said.
He said the Director General Police has been asked to expedite the investigation into the incident.
He said the state government has reaffirmed its stand of zero tolerance against innocent killings and has conveyed this to security forces emphasising upon them to strictly adhere to the Standard Operating Procedures under all circumstances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach