Fire at Anantnag hospital, no casualty
Srinagar: A major fire broke out early this
morning at Anantnag District hospital but no casualty has been
reported in the incident, police said here.
The fire broke out at around 6 AM in one of the wards of
the hospital in Anantnag, 55 kms from here, following which
police and fire service personnel rushed to the spot and
evacuated all the patients and their attendants, they said.
No one was injured in the fire, they said, adding the
cause of the blaze is being ascertained.
Twelve fire tenders took four hours to douse the flames
which caused extensive damage to the ward and the laboratory
of the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand