Fire at Srinagar hospital
Srinagar: Fire broke out Saturday in a block of the bone and joint hospital here but was soon controlled, police said. All the patients were safe.
Smoke was seen coming out from the out patients` department (OPD) block of the premier hospital situated in Barzalla area, three km from city centre Lal Chowk, Saturday afternoon, a police officer said.
"Fire tenders were immediately pressed into service and the blaze has now been controlled. All the patients inside the hospital are safe," the officer said, adding that the cause of fire is being ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites