Fire at Srinagar hospital
Srinagar: Fire broke out Saturday in a block of the bone and joint hospital here but was soon controlled, police said. All the patients were safe.
Smoke was seen coming out from the out patients` department (OPD) block of the premier hospital situated in Barzalla area, three km from city centre Lal Chowk, Saturday afternoon, a police officer said.
"Fire tenders were immediately pressed into service and the blaze has now been controlled. All the patients inside the hospital are safe," the officer said, adding that the cause of fire is being ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why