Fire breaks out at various places in J&K, no casualty
Jammu: Fire broke out in a Textile mill, a timber depot and forest belts along the LoC in Jammu region damaging property with no casualty reported so far.
A fire broke in godown number nine of the Sutlej Textiles and Industries, a unit of Birla group of Industries in Kathua district yesterday, Police said today.
Six fire tenders were pressed into action, including one fire tender from the Army. Kathua SP Mohan Lal led the operation.
Fire tenders from Samba and Hiranagar were called and Army fire tender also reached the spot to control the raging fire from spreading to nearby residential areas, they said.
Nearly 15,000 workers are employed here and all are safe as the fire broke out in one of the compartment of the Industry and other compartment are so far out of danger, they said adding that the fire was controlled.
The godown is situated on Jammu-Pathankote National Highway in Kathua Industrial area.
Property worth 30 Lakh was damaged in the fire, they added.
In another incident, fire broke out in biggest timber depot "Bachan Depot" in Narwal belt of Jammu last night and spread to entire area due to high speed winds.
As many as 23 fire tenders were pressed into service and it was control by mid night, police said adding that timbre logs worth lakh of rupees were gutted in the fire.
Another fire broke out along the LoC forest belts Pargwal of Jammu district, Choki Chora of Rajouri district and Balakote, Balnoi of Poonch district last night.
Army jawans, men and machines of Fire and emergency service department and locals have been pressed to douse the major forest fires in these areas, they said adding that there is no loss of life in the incidents.
7 incidents of fire was reported today. There have been 25 to 30 such incidents on daily basis over the past one week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation