Fire breaks out at various places in J&K, no casualty
Jammu: Fire broke out in a Textile mill, a timber depot and forest belts along the LoC in Jammu region damaging property with no casualty reported so far.
A fire broke in godown number nine of the Sutlej Textiles and Industries, a unit of Birla group of Industries in Kathua district yesterday, Police said today.
Six fire tenders were pressed into action, including one fire tender from the Army. Kathua SP Mohan Lal led the operation.
Fire tenders from Samba and Hiranagar were called and Army fire tender also reached the spot to control the raging fire from spreading to nearby residential areas, they said.
Nearly 15,000 workers are employed here and all are safe as the fire broke out in one of the compartment of the Industry and other compartment are so far out of danger, they said adding that the fire was controlled.
The godown is situated on Jammu-Pathankote National Highway in Kathua Industrial area.
Property worth 30 Lakh was damaged in the fire, they added.
In another incident, fire broke out in biggest timber depot "Bachan Depot" in Narwal belt of Jammu last night and spread to entire area due to high speed winds.
As many as 23 fire tenders were pressed into service and it was control by mid night, police said adding that timbre logs worth lakh of rupees were gutted in the fire.
Another fire broke out along the LoC forest belts Pargwal of Jammu district, Choki Chora of Rajouri district and Balakote, Balnoi of Poonch district last night.
Army jawans, men and machines of Fire and emergency service department and locals have been pressed to douse the major forest fires in these areas, they said adding that there is no loss of life in the incidents.
7 incidents of fire was reported today. There have been 25 to 30 such incidents on daily basis over the past one week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state