Fire erupts at Vaishnodevi hills, doused
Jammu: A fire erupted in Trikuta hills, where the cave shrine of Mata Vaishnodevi is located, but the pilgrimage was not affected, police said on Sunday.
Due to high temperature, the fire broke out at Ardhkuwari forests in Trikuta hills and spread to areas surrounding enroute cave shrine last night, they said.
The fire, which is quite far from the pilgrims` route, was extinguished by the fire personnel and forest department officials and local people till this morning, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS