Fire erupts at Vaishnodevi hills, doused
Jammu: A fire erupted in Trikuta hills, where the cave shrine of Mata Vaishnodevi is located, but the pilgrimage was not affected, police said on Sunday.
Due to high temperature, the fire broke out at Ardhkuwari forests in Trikuta hills and spread to areas surrounding enroute cave shrine last night, they said.
The fire, which is quite far from the pilgrims` route, was extinguished by the fire personnel and forest department officials and local people till this morning, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites