Fire fighting training for Waqf board employees
Srinagar: In the wake of two revered shrines being gutted in the Kashmir Valley, employees of the Muslim Waqf Board posted in various shrines in the city have been imparted fire-fighting training.
"Two-day disaster preparedness training programme was held for employees of Muslim Waqf Board posted in various shrines of Srinagar," an official spokesman said.
The fire-fighting training, which concluded on Saturday, was imparted by the Divisional Disaster Management Authority in collaboration with Civil Defence, Fire and Emergency Services Department.
The training to the MWB employees comes after two revered shrines Dastageer Sahib at Khanyar and Baba Hanifuddin in Beerwah area of Budgam district were gutted on June 25 and July 15 this year, respectively.
The employees, who were imparted training, are posted in Assar-i-Sharief Hazratbal, Makhdoom Sahib, Peer Dastgir Sahib Amirakadal, Syed Yaqoob Sahib Sonwar, Drugjan Mosque, Buchwara Mosque, Syed Asim Shah Qasim Shah, Khankah-e-Moulla Shehri Kailashpora, Jinab Sahib Soura, Malik Sahib Soura and Mirza Qamil Sahib Hawal.
The training programme was also attended by some local volunteers, the spokesman said.
The employees were taught how to extinguish fires and also explained basics about first aid.
A mock drill was also held.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference