Fire in OPD of Kashmir`s biggest maternity hospital, no injury
Srinagar: Fire broke out in the out-patient department (OPD) of Kashmir`s biggest maternity hospital in Wazirbagh area of the city on Tuesday but there was no report of any casualty.
Smoke started billowing from the OPD wing of the 500-beded hospital this evening, an official of the fire and emergency services said.
He said 18 fire tenders have been rushed to the spot to put out the blaze.
The patients and attendants admitted in the nearby in- patient department were evacuated to safety, hospital sources said, adding there are no reports of any injury in the incident so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender