Fire in Srinagar hotel, nobody hurt
Srinagar: Fire broke out Monday in a hotel in Srinagar, which was completely booked by tourists. However, no one was injured, an official here said.
A senior officer of the fire brigade department said, "Fire broke out in the attic of hotel `Royal Residency` in Rajbagh area of the city this morning."
"All the staff and guests of the hotel were rescued and the fire was brought under control. The cause of the fire is being ascertained."
Most of the tourists had left on sightseeing tours to Gulmarg and Pahalgam hill stations when the mishap occurred.
"Nobody was injured in the incident," the fire brigade official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players