Firing along J&K border as cops collect Pak intruder`s remains
Poonch: The Jammu and Kashmir police officials were fired upon from across the border as they were returning after collecting the remains of the Pakistani intruder killed in an IED explosion along the LoC in Poonch sector.
According to an official, a police team led by Deputy Superintendent of Police (Operations) Javaid Naaz was returning last night after collecting the remains of the Pakistani intruder killed on July 01 when there was a small firing at Nallah post area along the LoC.
No one was injured as only 6-7 rounds were fired. The firing took place between 7.30 PM and 8 PM, he said.
A Pakistani intruder was killed along the Line of Control in Poonch sector on Monday when the Army foiled an infiltration bid by firing at him, resulting in detonation of explosives carried by him.
The incident took place in Saujiyan sector of Poonch at 0430 hours when troops noted a movement from across the border into the Indian territory.
In an exchange of fire, a blast was heard by the troops and the intruder was blown to pieces as the grenades carried by him had detonated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test