Firing at Indian posts along LoC
Jammu: Indian posts along the Line of Control in Mendhar belt of Poonch district came under firing, a BSF official said Friday.
However, there was no report of any causality.
There was a firing from across the border on Indian posts in Gagdiayal forward area along LoC last night, the official said.
There was small arms and rocket firing, he said adding there was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the firing.
The area is manned by troops of 112 battalion of BSF and 40 Rashtruya Rifles.
It was not known whether the firing came from Pakistani troops or militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa