Firing in Baramulla, cop seriously injured
Srinagar: Throwing a big challenge at the security forces, some militants on Tuesday opened indiscriminate fire in the Baramulla district town of north Kashmir.
A policeman was seriously injured in the militant attack.
According to reports, Constable Mushtaq Ahmad was hit by a bullet in the abdomen as militants opened fire on him in the Baramulla town, 55 kms from here.
A police spokesman said, “Ahmad was posted as personal security officer of a ruling National Conference office bearer who escaped unhurt in the attack.”
Meanwhile, the security forces have begun a massive combing operation in the area to flush out the hidden militants.
The entire area has been cordoned off and reinforcement has been sent to the firing spot.
The injured policeman has been rushed to hospital for treatment, where he is said to be in a critical condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!