Firing in Baramulla, cop seriously injured
Srinagar: Throwing a big challenge at the security forces, some militants on Tuesday opened indiscriminate fire in the Baramulla district town of north Kashmir.
A policeman was seriously injured in the militant attack.
According to reports, Constable Mushtaq Ahmad was hit by a bullet in the abdomen as militants opened fire on him in the Baramulla town, 55 kms from here.
A police spokesman said, “Ahmad was posted as personal security officer of a ruling National Conference office bearer who escaped unhurt in the attack.”
Meanwhile, the security forces have begun a massive combing operation in the area to flush out the hidden militants.
The entire area has been cordoned off and reinforcement has been sent to the firing spot.
The injured policeman has been rushed to hospital for treatment, where he is said to be in a critical condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened