Firing in Baramulla, cop seriously injured
Srinagar: Throwing a big challenge at the security forces, some militants on Tuesday opened indiscriminate fire in the Baramulla district town of north Kashmir.
A policeman was seriously injured in the militant attack.
According to reports, Constable Mushtaq Ahmad was hit by a bullet in the abdomen as militants opened fire on him in the Baramulla town, 55 kms from here.
A police spokesman said, “Ahmad was posted as personal security officer of a ruling National Conference office bearer who escaped unhurt in the attack.”
Meanwhile, the security forces have begun a massive combing operation in the area to flush out the hidden militants.
The entire area has been cordoned off and reinforcement has been sent to the firing spot.
The injured policeman has been rushed to hospital for treatment, where he is said to be in a critical condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday