Firing in Baramulla, cop seriously injured
Srinagar: Throwing a big challenge at the security forces, some militants on Tuesday opened indiscriminate fire in the Baramulla district town of north Kashmir.
A policeman was seriously injured in the militant attack.
According to reports, Constable Mushtaq Ahmad was hit by a bullet in the abdomen as militants opened fire on him in the Baramulla town, 55 kms from here.
A police spokesman said, “Ahmad was posted as personal security officer of a ruling National Conference office bearer who escaped unhurt in the attack.”
Meanwhile, the security forces have begun a massive combing operation in the area to flush out the hidden militants.
The entire area has been cordoned off and reinforcement has been sent to the firing spot.
The injured policeman has been rushed to hospital for treatment, where he is said to be in a critical condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof