Firing in Keran sector again, army jawan killed
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: After the 15-day-long operations by the Indian Army that foiled a massive infiltration bid in Keran sector in Jammu and Kashmir, there are reports of fresh firing in the sector.
An Indian Army soldier was killed in the firing along the LoC which stated at 8 am and stopped and 5 pm today.
Eight infiltrators were killed in the operation that got over on October 8 after around 35-40 militants had reportedly infiltrated into Keran sector on Spetember 24.
Since the beginning of this year, there have been nearly 130 ceasefire violations along the Line of Control (LoC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest