Firing in Keran sector again, army jawan killed
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: After the 15-day-long operations by the Indian Army that foiled a massive infiltration bid in Keran sector in Jammu and Kashmir, there are reports of fresh firing in the sector.
An Indian Army soldier was killed in the firing along the LoC which stated at 8 am and stopped and 5 pm today.
Eight infiltrators were killed in the operation that got over on October 8 after around 35-40 militants had reportedly infiltrated into Keran sector on Spetember 24.
Since the beginning of this year, there have been nearly 130 ceasefire violations along the Line of Control (LoC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery