First batch of Haj pilgrims to leave on Oct 10
Srinagar: The first batch of Haj pilgrims from Jammu and Kashmir will leave for Mecca on October 10 from Srinagar Airport, an official spokesman on Saturday said.
40 Haj flights will start operations from October 10 as 8,000 pilgrims will be flown to Saudi city Jeddah for performing the annual pilgrimage, he said.
This year will see an increase of 400 pilgrims from the state for which two extra flights have been arranged, he said, adding "Last year, 7600 pilgrims travelled in 38 flights."
Divisional commissioner Kashmir Asgar Hussain Samoon reviewed the Haj arrangements for this year.
Samoon asked the Haj Committee to make special transport arrangements for the pilgrims from different parts of the state to Srinagar Airport so that they will not face any
He also directed State Bank of India authorities to activate their all branches so that the pilgrims are able to deposit their money at the earliest.
The Divisional Commissioner said in case curfew is imposed in any area, the Passport or any Haj document should be treated as curfew pass for which the concerned officers
have already been issued necessary directions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender