First batch of Haj pilgrims to leave on Oct 10
Srinagar: The first batch of Haj pilgrims from Jammu and Kashmir will leave for Mecca on October 10 from Srinagar Airport, an official spokesman on Saturday said.
40 Haj flights will start operations from October 10 as 8,000 pilgrims will be flown to Saudi city Jeddah for performing the annual pilgrimage, he said.
This year will see an increase of 400 pilgrims from the state for which two extra flights have been arranged, he said, adding "Last year, 7600 pilgrims travelled in 38 flights."
Divisional commissioner Kashmir Asgar Hussain Samoon reviewed the Haj arrangements for this year.
Samoon asked the Haj Committee to make special transport arrangements for the pilgrims from different parts of the state to Srinagar Airport so that they will not face any
He also directed State Bank of India authorities to activate their all branches so that the pilgrims are able to deposit their money at the earliest.
The Divisional Commissioner said in case curfew is imposed in any area, the Passport or any Haj document should be treated as curfew pass for which the concerned officers
have already been issued necessary directions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi