First `Jan Aushadhi` store opened in Srinagar
Srinagar: The first Jan Aushadhi generic
drugs store was opened here with government proposing two more
such outlets in Government Medical college hospitals at the
twin capital cities of Srinagar and Jammu.
The outlet at the Red Cross Complex in the heart of the
city was inaugurated by the State Governor NN Vohra last
The Generic Drugs outlet has been set up under the
initiative of the Union Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilisers
and co-ordinated by the Pharma Public Sector Undertakings
(PSUs) of India with a view to provide quality medicines to
the people at affordable prices.
The availability of generic drugs manufactured by the
Central and State PSUs can contribute significantly towards
tackling the problem of the rapid increase in the prices of
drugs, injectable and other material required for medical
care, Vohra said.
He emphasised the need for making available quality
medicines to people at affordable prices and simultaneously
dealing effectively with the menace of spurious drugs.
"There is enormous difference of up to 15 times between
the prices of branded and generic drugs," the Governor said.
Referring to the activities of the Red Cross, the
Governor called for dynamic efforts being made to mobilise
adequate resources to give meaningful momentum to ameliorative
activities in the State.
Later, Vohra gave away cash awards to three drivers of
the Indian Red Cross Society who had done commendable work
during summer last year.
Minister for Medical Education RS Chib announced that
generic drugs outlets will be set up in the Government Medical
College Hospitals at Srinagar and Jammu as well as the
Associated Hospitals thereof soon.
"Government is in the process of formulating a Drug
Policy in the State," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks