First `Jan Aushadhi` store opened in Srinagar
Srinagar: The first Jan Aushadhi generic
drugs store was opened here with government proposing two more
such outlets in Government Medical college hospitals at the
twin capital cities of Srinagar and Jammu.
The outlet at the Red Cross Complex in the heart of the
city was inaugurated by the State Governor NN Vohra last
The Generic Drugs outlet has been set up under the
initiative of the Union Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilisers
and co-ordinated by the Pharma Public Sector Undertakings
(PSUs) of India with a view to provide quality medicines to
the people at affordable prices.
The availability of generic drugs manufactured by the
Central and State PSUs can contribute significantly towards
tackling the problem of the rapid increase in the prices of
drugs, injectable and other material required for medical
care, Vohra said.
He emphasised the need for making available quality
medicines to people at affordable prices and simultaneously
dealing effectively with the menace of spurious drugs.
"There is enormous difference of up to 15 times between
the prices of branded and generic drugs," the Governor said.
Referring to the activities of the Red Cross, the
Governor called for dynamic efforts being made to mobilise
adequate resources to give meaningful momentum to ameliorative
activities in the State.
Later, Vohra gave away cash awards to three drivers of
the Indian Red Cross Society who had done commendable work
during summer last year.
Minister for Medical Education RS Chib announced that
generic drugs outlets will be set up in the Government Medical
College Hospitals at Srinagar and Jammu as well as the
Associated Hospitals thereof soon.
"Government is in the process of formulating a Drug
Policy in the State," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi