Five fast track courts in J&K for trial of cases o
Jammu: Five fast track courts were set up on Thursday in Jammu and Kashmir for trial of rape and other offences against women in the state.
The fast track courts have been set up on the suggestions of the Chief Justice of India to clear pendency of cases of rape and other offences against women, Justice, M M Kumar, Chief Justice of High Court of Jammu and Kashmir, said today while inaugurating the 3rd Additional District Judge court in Jammu besides four other courts which will function as fast track courts.
The five fast track courts have been created in the districts of Jammu, Srinagar, Anantnag, Baramulla and Pulwama.
He said that the creation of such courts is aimed at clearing pendency of cases on day-to-day trial basis and it will give a message to civil society that judiciary has zero tolerance for crimes against women.
The Chief Justice said the move will help settle 50 percent of the cases and the rest would be settled in a stipulated time frame.
The Chief Justice, in tune with the policy to use tools of modern technology for faster administration of justice, inaugurated the four courts earmarked as Fast Track Courts in Kashmir division through video conferencing.
During his interaction with the judges of these courts, the Chief Justice emphasised the obligations of delivering timely justice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says