Five fast track courts in J&K for trial of cases o
Jammu: Five fast track courts were set up on Thursday in Jammu and Kashmir for trial of rape and other offences against women in the state.
The fast track courts have been set up on the suggestions of the Chief Justice of India to clear pendency of cases of rape and other offences against women, Justice, M M Kumar, Chief Justice of High Court of Jammu and Kashmir, said today while inaugurating the 3rd Additional District Judge court in Jammu besides four other courts which will function as fast track courts.
The five fast track courts have been created in the districts of Jammu, Srinagar, Anantnag, Baramulla and Pulwama.
He said that the creation of such courts is aimed at clearing pendency of cases on day-to-day trial basis and it will give a message to civil society that judiciary has zero tolerance for crimes against women.
The Chief Justice said the move will help settle 50 percent of the cases and the rest would be settled in a stipulated time frame.
The Chief Justice, in tune with the policy to use tools of modern technology for faster administration of justice, inaugurated the four courts earmarked as Fast Track Courts in Kashmir division through video conferencing.
During his interaction with the judges of these courts, the Chief Justice emphasised the obligations of delivering timely justice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks